PRODUCT & DEVELOPMENT INTERN
GUBI is an innovative design company that offers a versatile selection of luxury furniture, lighting, and interior objects for both residential and professional spaces. We have a strong global brand position with head office and showroom in Copenhagen, Denmark – and we are currently looking for a dynamic and organized intern to become part of our Product & Development team.
About the position:
Are you passionate about working with product development? Are you highly proficient in 3D-drawing? Are you interested in sustainability research within the furniture industry? Would you like to work in a dynamic and fast-growing design brand environment? Then GUBI has the perfect internship for you as we are looking for a dynamic and organized student to become part of our Product & Development team. The position offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in product development processes, both in lighting as well as in the furniture area. In this role you will be reporting to the Head of Product & Development and work closely together with a skilled team of product developers and our Environmental Social and Governance Coordinator.
As an intern in the Product Developing Department your primary tasks will be to support in the technical development phase, especially with regards to 3D drawing-design, research, and product documentation, but not limited to this. Your personal drive and participation will set the boundaries for your role as you will experience the complete development process, from concept to product, while assisting the team.
Specifically, you will be:
- 3D drawing in SolidWorks.
- Support in the review of prototypes and pre-production series to perform quality control and approval of these.
- Design, materials, and product research.
- Support to create and maintain master documentation in GUBI’s ERP system as well as in the report to designers.
- Support the ESG coordination and sustainable related activities.
You are an open-minded and dynamic person who knows the importance of cooperation and teamwork. You are systematical and detail-oriented and look forward to solving your tasks through dedicated and skilled work. The social environment is important to you, you contribute actively to a good working environment and a positive spirit is part of your nature.
- Currently studying a degree within Design Engineering or Product Design.
- Interested in the technical understanding and knowledge of different materials and manufacturing processes.
- Driven to learn and grow in the design and furniture industry.
- Highly organized, proactive, detail- and deadline-oriented with the ability to successfully handle multiple priorities.
- You speak and write English with high proficiency.
- You are master user of SolidWorks and experienced with the Microsoft Office package. You have experience using 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Position: Product Development Intern
Department: Product & Development
Duration: 6 months
Start: As soon as possible
Location: GUBI HQ, Nordhavn, Copenhagen
Application deadline: We will review applicants on a running basis
If you see yourself in this position and would like to join GUBI, please upload your application, CV, and other relevant information after selecting the job “Product Development Intern” on the link below.
We will start evaluating on an ongoing basis. If you have any questions related to this job opening, please contact:
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
2150 Nordhavn, Copenhagen
Phone: +45 3332 6368